By Delaney Schomberg, Digital Marketing student
When I applied to Western Technical College in the fall of 2019, I was expecting to have classes in person, but then world as we knew it completely changed. I started at Western in the fall of 2020. I was nervous about online learning but as the semester went on, I really enjoyed it.
With online learning I am able to create my own schedule. This means I can work full time and get my degree! However, I believe online learning works best for me because I consistently get my work done early and have a consistent schedule for when I do my homework.
Are you looking for ways to successfully earn an online degree? I’ve made a list of some things I do to be successful while learning online during these unknown times.
Tips for being successful while learning online:
- Make a schedule for when you are going to do your homework and stick to it
- Do your school work early so you can reward yourself with time to relax
- Keep a planner and write down a list all of your classes and assignments for the week
- Color code classes to distinguish them and their tasks
- Cross things out once you have completed them
Having a system that works for me to get my school done early has resulted in me having more time to work, spend time with family and friends, and enjoy my hobbies while also earning a 4.0 GPA.